Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Egg Characters

I can hardly believe that it was a week ago that I was writing about playing in the snow! It's in the low 70's and feels a lot more like spring than early December. But, hey! I've never been one to complain about a beautiful day.
Before Rowan and I hightailed it to the park, we got a little picnic basket together. Picnics gives a normal park visit a little bit of an adventurous feel, so we always bring something along with us. She was happy to pack up some pears and juice, but since it was lunchtime, I wanted to bring something else that would be filling & nutritious. I suggested hard boiled eggs, but she wasn't very enthusiastic at first about that idea. However she changed her mind when I suggested that we decorate the egg shells. All it took was some boiled eggs and some crayons (non-toxic of course). Easy peasy. She loved drawing little faces on them. I made a lizard monster face on one of mine. She asked me to help give hers lipstick.
When we got to the park, she gobbled down our eggs. And she hasn't stopped talking about her Egg Characters all day! What a fun way to get kids excited about eating a healthy, portable snack. Now if I can only figure out how to get her to devour a salad...

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea and I can't wait to try it! My son was not a fan of vegetables, but I started making designs with them on his plates and now he'll eat them (raw...he still won't eat any vegetables cooked). But he will eat carrots and celery and sprouts and red cabbages...and now he makes these elaborate designs with them on his plate first. ART everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you liked our idea! The veggie character is a great idea, too. I'll have to try that on Rowan:) ART everywhere indeed.

      Delete