Monday, June 24, 2013

Laundry Basket Games pt 1- Turtle Tag

We've been busy bees over the past couple of months finishing up our new CD, so our blog has become a little neglected. Unfortunately, so has me little house! As I was digging my way through lots and lots of accumulated laundry, I thought that it was high time that I start up the blog again, which means coming up with fun kids games.

So this week, I've come up with FIVE different games to play with an ordinary household LAUNDRY BASKET! Here's our first one:


TURTLE TAG:


1st variation:

We tried a few different versions of this game. One was kind of a red-light / green-light game where Rowan crawled around with the laundry basket on her back. When I called out 'Turtle', she had to stop moving and hide beneath the basket. This seems like it would be more fun with a few kids. So we tried another variation.


2nd variation:

This one is more of a hide and seek game and was our favorite version of the game. We put a few laundry baskets upside down around the room. I counted to 20 while she hid (someplace other than a laundry basket). When I was done done counting, I went looking for her. When I found her, she had to run to a basket and hide under it (like a turtle hides under it's shell) before I caught her and tickled her.

It's a great day to play!
Love,
Lolly


Here's Rowan playing Turtle Tag!

Here's a picture that Rowan drew of us playing Turtle Tag. Our dog, Sunny, was playing, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment